-----------------
It seems that on her birthday, Chloe instinctively knew she was a toddler. And as parents, I don't know if we were quite as ready.
In the days following her 1st birthday, Chloe has picked up a few new words. I'm not talking about simple things like Cat or Book. I swear she yelled, "I did it!". And then our cousin can back me up when I say that Chloe started to hand us something and said "Here you go." WEIRD.
Chloe has started a new bath time ritual. She plays with the water as it comes out of the faucet. Once we turn that off, she picks ups the tiny bubbles. Once those are all gone, she drinks probably half of the bathwater thru the wash cloth. Now its time to throw the washcloth out of the tub onto the floor or mommy. It must be amusing to watch/hear the "slop/splash". Now quick, before mom washes me down, lets open the drain over and over until all the water is gone. Smart lady!
My learnings as a parent: she loves water; she's becoming more curious about how things work.
Now we're back in her room. Once dried off and lotioned up, she tries to lick all the lotion off her hands and arms. "Ok, she's occupied," I think, "I can get her diaper on before she wiggles away." Nope- Just as I'm about to close the 2nd diaper tab, she somehow rolls/contortions out of the diaper.
And boy, does she LOVE to walk around naked. It must feel good to be so free and to air dry. LOL. We were lucky to have gone a couple weeks without an accident. Glad we have a carpet shampooer.
And boy, does she LOVE to walk around naked. It must feel good to be so free and to air dry. LOL. We were lucky to have gone a couple weeks without an accident. Glad we have a carpet shampooer.
All of a sudden, Missy Moo is interested in more texture! Sweet! Before 12months, Chloe would only venture out of baby food for easy chews/little texture foods like bread, mashed potatoes, watermelon. NOW she loves noodles, rice, unsmashed peas, cherries...
My hope: she continues to love veggies, and doesn't develop a sweet tooth like me.
Other things that I need to tough on later:
Forks
Throwing Charley's toy
Getting better at signing
Being happy/proud of herself. Clapping and cheering. Gleeming smiles when she does something fun.
Starting to get frustrated. Knows what needs to happen but can't get body (or parents) to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment