Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Delilah 11 wks

Little D had another checkup this week. She had been spitting up a little too much, and thus a little slow to put on weight. Since going on an antacid three weeks ago, she is now doing great! She went from 8 lb. 13 oz, to now 9 lb 10 oz. That's almost a whole pound! Her head added half a centimeter. And biggest change of all, she sprouted almost 2 inches! No wonder she all of a sudden went from size Newborn to 3 month! There was barely any transition on the 0/3 months.  I thought maybe all her pants and socks were just shrinking. She has graduated from the 2nd percentile to the 3rd for overall measurements. We are so proud of her!

Turning two months has been a milestone for Delilah's personality. She smiles big open mouths when she wakes up from naps. She coo's back when you talk to her. It sounds an awful lot like she is saying, "Hi". Just precious. She continues to be a good night sleeper, and has started taking some good long naps during the day. It probably helps that Chloe is more behaved now, and doesn't try to pull Delilah out of the swing and crib all the time. But my favor new thing, hands down, Baby D gives awesome, open mouth, slobbery kisses.

D is gaining more physical strength and control. She's been strong since birth, but she's doing even better for such a wee one. She continues to kick and twist and turn, with hands, arms, and legs extended in the air, wiggling up a storm. She could almost be considered mobile because she doesn't stick in one position, or direction, for very long. I think we're pretty close to rolling over, as discovered while in the bath yesterday. Her neck control has improved, where she can hold it up for minutes at a time. She likes sitting up, probably so she can see everything Sister C is getting into. Her hand-eye coordination allows her to bat at her dangling toys. She even grasped one of the rings once, and cried because she didn't know how to let go. Below you'll see she's holding some rings just because she likes to hold onto things so tightly, like mom's hair. If you'll also see in the photo, there is a binky in her mouth. With a little cooersion, she'll finally take it. Boy has that been helpful when her acidic tummy is feeling not so great. She doesn't want to eat, but the sucking helps soothe her.

The final progress of the month. I am finally getting the hang of this, and can actually get multiple  things done during the day. Hooray! Little victories for Mommy, too. January and February, I was lucky to get one thing fully checked off my list per day. Let's be honest, it was more like a string of half accomplished things. I have to give some credit to Barney and Frozen. I hate that the tele is turned on everyday, but not as much as I hate not showering. That 30 to 60 minutes of Chloe entertained is what gives me time to clean up the kitchen, living room, and myself, and allots us the space to do fun things together.

Here are some pics of Delilah from the last few weeks. This girl is so hard to capture on film, let me tell you. She is always moving! Unless someone is holding her or she's asleep, it takes tens, maybe even hundreds of blurry, deleted photos to get one mildly attractive picture that captures the essence of who D is.

Calm, cool, and observant



Smiles and Hi's



1 comment:

Lisa & Stan said...

She is a sweetie and I'm so glad that her little tummy is feeling better. I knew for sure that, that was her trouble. She is a precious little angel..Just wish I could hold her...