August consisted of:
---Alyssa in Dallas for work training for approximately 2 1/2 weeks.
-2trips to New Braunfels/ San Antonio. One the first weekend of the month, the other at the last weekend (ie. part of Labor Day weekend).
---Trip to British Virgin Islands in the Caribbean.
-More work for Bryson and Alyssa.
---And then there's still probably more that I just can't think of at the moment (scouts, nursery...)
And now for September so far:
The 2nd trip to New Braunfels was really fun!
We stayed at Melissa Christensen's parents' house again, and this time Cody, Melissa, and Rya were down there, too!
Alyssa had ended her Dallas training at about noon on Thursday, so she caught a flight to San Antonio that afternoon. Deanna (melissa's mom) picked me up and we did some fun grocery shopping, dry cleaning dropoffs, and a little bit of sight seeing to fill up the afternoon until Clayton (Melissa's brother) got home from school. I got to spend some one-on-one time with Melissa's family, and I quite enjoyed myself. I mean, Alyssa and Melissa sound pretty much the same, so of course I'd fit in, right?!
Poor Bryson, Cody, Melissa and Rya! They got to drive all the way to New Braunfels! They got there about 2 in the morning! Needless to say, they were tired the next morning.
So once we all woke up and got ourselves ready for the day, everyone except Clayton, because he had high school of course, went tubing down one of the rivers! The run was low and you had to keep your bum up, but it was still really fun, especially when we went through these shoots in between eroded rockbeds. Melissa's sister and her son Rya's age even came to join us. Don't worry, the little ones didn't go tubing, they played on the bank with the grandparents.
That night we ate at Rudy's, the "Wurst BBQ in Texas" :)
We also really enjoyed the lazy rivers! One was part of a wave pool, so we got to catch some really high waves as we went around. The other river had a fun shoot into it, and then the rest had a really strong current so we had fun trying to go upstream, or get out of the side exits while the river pulls you away before you could even get close, so we'd have to grab onto each other and try to pull us all into the "safe zone." (I know, I'm like a little kid. The small things entertain me the most :)
Another highlight of the park was the boogie board wave riding thing: the Boogie Baun! Cody and Bryson did really good their second go at it. They even got on their knees! Alyssa, on the other hand, was able to hold her ground on the board and not get flinged away, but it was really hard to see anything, because the water kept spraying you in the eyes! Not comfortable, but still fun!
Lunch for Bryson and I consisted of a whole lot of Capri Sun's and a Smoked Turkey leg. I know, probably not real healthy, and may not sound like much, but we were both soooo full, we couldn't even finish the turkey. I was soooo full, I didn't even have room for a FUNNEL Cake, that' s how full I was! So I made sure to get one on the way out of the park ;-)
The last most rewarding highlight was the last hour at the park, from 7 to 8pm. The lines were virtually non existent!!! We would just walk right up to the ride. I think we went on atleast 12 water rides! This was when we finally got to go on the really, really long tube rides, where you get to float all around the park, even though other rides and locker rooms, etc... (see picture below). There were some with rapids, others with big drops, and some were really fast. This was hands down the best part of the day, all fours of us concur.
The very next Sunday, also after church, Alyssa flew to Salt Lake City with her mom to celebrate Opa's Birthday there in Layton! We celebrated with Uncle Kurt and Aunt Jill, Jill's parent's, baby AJ (Alyssa's 2 1/2 month old cousin who she finally got to meet for the first time!), and even Oma who we picked up from the care center for a few hours to eat dinner with us. It was a very good family dinner :) Thanks Jill for the delicious food. mmm.
Now here she sits, Alyssa at her parent's house, just relaxing during her official "work vacation", where she gets paid to chill with family, and enjoy the beautiful sunny weather here in Seattle. Hopefully Bryson will be able to fly in today to join her, and then they can go to Brady's football game, and visit Alyssa's grandparents, and go to the Puyallup Fair!, and visit with the Biles' and Seltz's, and other friends before we leave again on Sunday. (I know, another Sunday travel. I hate it, but it's the only day)
No comments:
Post a Comment