Friday, October 17, 2014

Touring Little Rock

Delilah and I made another trip down to Little Rock this week. Since Bryson couldn't come, and I wasn't able to bring Chloe with us, I was dreading the 3 1/2 hour drive each way and an over night in a hotel by myself. Luckily I was able to find a carpool buddy! My old coworker Miss Catherine grew up down there with family around there still, and had the two days open to come down with us! Win! And before I forget, a special thanks to Carly and Laurel for taking such good care of Chloe in my absence. It's a comfort to know she is having a fun time with family!

During our free time between appointments D and I got a native Little Rockian tour. And had so much fun!
We traveled the river walk park and toured replicas of the Nina and Pinta. They were in town as part of a greater Mississippi River tour. They are headed to Fort Smith next if you want to see them, without driving too far. How appropriate following Columbus day this Monday though. We crashed an elementary school's tour so we got to hear some pretty interesting facts and stories about Columbus and these relatively small boats that carried 40+ men and a year's supply of food and necessities each. Traveling into uncharted waters looking for a land that he never reached. They were so BRAVE!
The Riverwalk is such a pretty park. It had a surprising amount of stuff for kids to play on. 
There they are in the background. The Nina and Pinta.
We were so excited to see the ships! I love that the flags with the ships' names are both blowing open in this pic.
Selfie with Miss Catherine.
Delilah LOVED all the ropes. There were so many I couldn't walk far enough away from one set that she'd just grab another. 
And when Mom wasn't looking, Delilah even tried to crew on them ropes!


We toured the historic Capitol Hotel with an elevator so big that Ulysses S Grant (I think that was the right general) rode his horse into it! We browsed some shops, had an ice cream cone, ate some yummy Bruno's Italian spaghetti carbonara (you should have seen Delilah slurping up the noodles. So funny), crashed a small wedding ceremony at the Old Mill (the location of the opening scene to Gone With the Wind), fed tons of turtles, and enjoyed the lovely weather. I found a ton of things to do in future trips down there, and most are free. My favorite price for fun experiences.

Cutie
We took a little rest on the nice fluffy couches at the Capitol Hotel before we found the ice cream.
Isn't she just precious? At the Old Mill. 
I can't believe she's 9 months already. And that she'll be walking in the not so distant future. They grow up too fast. 
Another view of the Old Mill. A candid of Delilah and my photo shoot. Lol.
It was from the bridge that we saw/fed all the turtles. There were so many I couldn't believe it.







No comments: