Saturday, April 12, 2014

Delilah is 3 Months Old

I know it's cliche, but seriously, "Where does the time go?" Once again, my baby girl has turned from a newborn to an infant. She is no longer in the stage of just eat, sleep, poop, do it over again. Little Delilah now has quite the personality. Every morning she wakes up as happy as can be. She will just lay in bed, content just staring at her toys or the ceiling fan for a good bit while mommy wakes up from her grogginess.


This is the good time in parenthood, when you get to enjoy watching the world through your baby's eyes. Everything is so new and fascinating. These are the moments you don't want to forget. The infant learning they can control their own hands and grab things. How they smile when they see a familiar face. The conversations they engage in, with sweet coo's and haw's. 

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, how so many things are fleeting, how rapidly they change. I think God made a baby's growth on a perfect timeline though. Your body is healed by now, and who you were before pregnancy is starting to come back, as there is time and energy to reintroduce hobbies and date nights back into life. This is the start to your forgetting all the pain of labor, and the exhaustion from sleepless nights. 

It's hard to imagine life without sweet Delilah Rose. 

Chloe is a good big sister. She shows such concern whenever she hears D crying. Her willingness to help bathe, dress, soothe, feed.and play with little sister is endearing and precious. We're finally over the jealousy, and it has turned into a sisterly bond.

Bryson loves spending time with both of his girls. Kissing his sweethearts is the first thing he does in the morning, and when he returns home from work. Before D's birth, B and I had wondered how we would learn to love our second child as much as the first. I'm realizing that it's possible because they have such different personalities, where we learn to appreciate each daughter in a different way. Their little spirits are so unique, it's a fun adventure for us to help our girls find and develop those traits that God has blessed them with.

Charley has also grown found of Delilah. He's not as scared of her as he was with Chloe. Perhaps he's accustomed to the crying and random flailing of arms and legs. He's learned to sympathize more with this babe. When baby D gets into a good crying fit, he's right there with her, howling to her tune, making sure I haven't forgotten that a member of the pack is in distress. I cannot almost hear his howls crying out, "Mooooom! You're not doing your jooooob! Delilah is so saaaaad! Heeeelp her!" You should come around when all three of them are crying (Chloe, Delilah, and Charley). That's usually when you know everyone needs nap time, especially Mommy.

Here are a few status updates on Delilah: The full head of long hair is still intact. Hooray! It has lightened a bit, but is still an auburn hue. Her eyes have turned a beautiful blue. She can sit up with help. D tried her first food: a tiny bit of mashed potatoes. She seemed to like it, so I went and got her some rice cereal for babies, and am giving her a tinsey bit here and there at lunchtime, in hopes to assist in her weight gain. I'm mixing it with breast milk to keep the nutrients coming, but with the added benefit of extra calories, and to give her tummy a little more substance. I think that the cereal, along with her anti acid are helping her upset tummies, as we've had very few spit-ups lately. 
At her last appointment Delilah was 22 1/2 inches long. She's got the length to fit 3 month clothes, just not the chub to fill them out. Guess she's just petite like mommy. I think she has big feet for her size though, which xome useful as she scooches around the floor. Although she doesn't crawl, I consider Delilah mobile. She's never in the same position as you placed her. The twisting and flailing is all fun until she's half off the carpet and face-plants the hardwood floor. That is one thing she has in common with Chloe, they're both physically strong and determined. Bryson hopes that will give them an advantage on the soccer pitch.
Although I can't seem to catch a photo of it, D has big beautiful smiles, and a sweet voice to go with it. Speaking of her voice, she's got some lungs when she cries! Since day one I've thought she may be a singer at heart. Guess we'll have to see.

All in all, we couldn't ask for a better Delilah. Happy 3 months birthday Sister!

Are we done with photos yet? I'm ready to eat!

No comments: