Sunday, February 22, 2009

A New Hobby

Kauai posting aside, I wanted to share my new hobby.

https://new.familysearch.org/

I've always had a desire to do family history, but the old method of downloading and uploading, and the difficulty in seeing what work has already been, or needs to be, done was daunting, and to be honest, seemed like too much work.

Now with the church's new family search website, you can do it online. Wohoo!!!!!
I should add a word of caution: the site's not perfect yet, but with all our help, we can help make it happen.

This past Family Home Evening goal was to signup on the site, and then to dedicate atleast 1 hour a month to doing some type of family history work. I made it a goal to dedicate atleast half an hour each Sunday.

At first, I thought it would be hard to fill up half an hour. But now I'M ADDICTED. It's so easy to get emerced, I've spent atleast an HOUR AND A HALF doing family history each time I've logged in, which has been 3 times already this week. I'm so excited to learn more from our family history center!

I never would've guessed that I'd be so excited to do family history work, even when I get home from work at 2 in the morning! You should give it a try too!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

hey i'm really glad you posted this b/c i had heard about it but didn't know where to go. thanks! its really cool!

Our Family Adventures said...

The new website is SO Great! It was fun to see your beautiful pics from Kauai! That is my favorite island. It is just what I picture when I think of paradise! It is good to see you guys are doing well!

Valerie Chandler said...

Elijah's bite... very cool Alyssa.